Recent Events more...
The University of Nova Gorica (UNG) and the UNESCO Chair on Open Technologies for OER and Open Learning at the ...
During the 4-day Open Education Design workshop, the participants will get basic knowledge about open education concepts, about pedagogical and ...
The aim of the Open Education Design - Course for Practitioners is to equip the participants with basic knowledge, practical ...
Open Education for a Better World
OPEN EDUCATION FOR A BETTER WORLD (OE4BW)
Open Education for a Better World (OE4BW) is a tuition-free international online mentoring program created on the basis of the Sustainable Development Goal 4. started in the fall 2017 by UNESCO Chair on Open Technologies for OER and Open Learning at the Jožef Stefan Institute and University of Nova Gorica. The program enrolls mentees from all over the world under a guidance of internationally recognized mentors.
- develop and implement OERs based on the UNESCO Sustainable Development Goals that contribute to improving the quality and effectiveness of education globally
- provide knowledge about OE concepts, resolve pedagogical and didactical issues important in relation to today’s global education
- support and contribute actions to mainstream open-licensed resources
- the process is person focused, led by the mentee and supported by the mentor through dialogue
- mentee owns the process and takes the main responsibilitiy for defining his/her needs for gaining from the mentoring relationship what is intended
- the role of the mentor is to help the mentees find their own solutions
- mentoring relationship is unique, based on the mentee’s individual needs and the mentor’s area of expertise.